22 August, 2013
Screen-Printing and Embroidery decoration both have their benefits as well as pitfalls, so which decoration type is more appropriate to use for your Company Clothing?
Screen-Printed Decoration Pros and Cons:
- more economical and cheaper than embroidery - the best savings occur on orders over 100 pieces total.
- when using different color garments, the ink color can be changed, sometimes at no additional charge
- quicker process than embroidery - faster turnaround time; great for Rush Service
- better for larger designs - size of design does not influence price (unlike embroidery)
- can imprint on some locations not available for embroidery decoration
- screens are kept on file - no screen charge on future orders of the same exact design
- allows for more detail in designs as well as very small text which can still be legible, i.e. - under 0.2"
- prints do not carry much weight on the garment - embroidery decoration will add weight to the garment
- quick turnaround time on artwork - sometimes can be completed in as little as a few hours and have the artwork emailed back to you for approval
- pay by color - $20 per screen for each color used in the design
- has a 24 piece minimum - can do less than 24 pieces, but price will increase dramatically for quantities less than 24
- garments in a color other than white usually have an additional charge, $0.70-$1.00 additional per garment
- decoration is not as durable as embroidered decoration
Embroidery Decoration Pros and Cons:
- can change thread color in design at no additional cost
- better branding for your company - has more a professional look; looks great on Polo Shirts, Jackets, Hats and Bags
- no minimums (huge benefit - this allows you to mix and match garments and colors easily)
- logo will always remain on file once it has been digitized; only have to pay digitization once
- decoration stands up to time better than screen-printed decoration
- full library of stock designs that can be used (20,000+)
- rush service can still be offered, but has a longer approval process - need to approve the artwork first, once that is approved the logo will be digitized and that also will need your approval (the digitization can add a day or two to delivery time)
- embroidery adds a little weight to the garment it is placed on - works best with heavier-weighted apparel - not a good choice for new fashion light weight t-shirts
- set-up/digitization fee involved - usually $50
- small text and detail are difficult to display in a legible manner - anything under 0.2"
-Importance Of Branding Your New Business - NY Times
About EZ Corporate Clothing
Since 1989, EZ Corporate Clothing has been one of America's largest, full-service corporate clothing suppliers, offering a variety of men's and women's custom screen-printed and embroidered corporate apparel, along with other specialty promotional items, gifts, and merchandise to choose from. Our specialty includes custom screen-printing and logo embroidery on corporate hats, jackets, hoodies, crewneck sweatshirts, polo shirts, tees, and other corporate clothing items for mens, womens, and youth which can be purchased individually and in clothing package specials.