Having a Hard Time Choosing Between Screen-Printing and Embroidery? Let Us Help
Screen-Printed Decoration Pros and Cons:
- More economical and cheaper than embroidery - the best savings occur on orders over 100 pieces total.
- when using different color garments, the ink color can be changed, sometimes at no additional charge
- quicker process than embroidery - faster turnaround time; great for Rush Service
- better for larger designs - size of design does not influence price (unlike embroidery)
- can imprint on some locations not available for embroidery decoration
- screens are kept on file - no screen charge on future orders of the same exact design
- allows for more detail in designs as well as very small text which can still be legible, i.e. - under 0.2"
- prints do not carry much weight on the garment - embroidery decoration will add weight to the garment
- quick turnaround time on artwork - sometimes can be completed in as little as a few hours and have the artwork emailed back to you for approval
- pay by color - $20 per screen for each color used in the design
- has a 24 piece minimum - can do less than 24 pieces, but price will increase dramatically for quantities less than 24
- garments in a color other than white usually have an additional charge, $0.70-$1.00 additional per garment
- decoration is not as durable as embroidered decoration
Embroidery Decoration Pros and Cons:
- can change thread color in design at no additional cost
- better branding for your company - has more a professional look; looks great on Polo Shirts, Jackets, Hats and Bags
- no minimums (huge benefit - this allows you to mix and match garments and colors easily)
- logo will always remain on file once it has been digitized; only have to pay digitization once
- decoration stands up to time better than screen-printed decoration
- full library of stock designs that can be used (20,000+)
- rush service can still be offered, but has a longer approval process - need to approve the artwork first, once that is approved the logo will be digitized and that also will need your approval (the digitization can add a day or two to delivery time)
- embroidery adds a little weight to the garment it is placed on - works best with heavier-weighted apparel - not a good choice for new fashion light weight t-shirts
- set-up/digitization fee involved - usually $50
- small text and detail are difficult to display in a legible manner - anything under 0.2"
If Screen-Print and Embroidery isn't what your looking for, check out our other design methods on our process page!